Meatless Chili TexMex style
Craving a hearty, delicious warm meal? No worries, Santiago got you with his TexMex inspired Chili (sin carne of course)!
Recipe for 2 people
· 250 g of Vegan Magic Mince high protein soy-based crumbs
· 200 g of precooked pinto beans
· 1 can of diced tomatoes
· 50 g of tomato paste
· ½ unit of yellow onion, diced
· ½ unit of red bell pepper, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, diced
· 1 jalapeno (or other chili of your preference), diced
· 1 avocado, diced
· 300 ml of vegetable broth
· 150 ml of beer
· 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
· 2 tablespoons of canola oil
· 1 ½ tablespoons of salt
· 1 tablespoon of chili flakes
· 1 teaspoon of sugar
· 1 teaspoon of cumin
· 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
1. In a medium size pot, add the oil, jalapeno, bell pepper (reserve some for the plating) and salt, and cook them at medium low heat until they have softened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Increase the temperature to medium heat and add Vegan Magic Mince high protein soy-based crumbs, smoked paprika, cumin, ground pepper and chili flakes, and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes and let them cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
5. Reduce to medium low heat, and add the beer, vegetable broth, sugar and precooked pinto beans and cook it in a simmer for about 40 minutes.
6. Serve, put in the top some diced avocado and red bell pepper and enjoy!